Sunday, September 18th, 2011 09:53 pm
I apologize this is late D:

The second check-in! According to the original schedule, the rough draft deadline is September 30th. But! Since I am late getting this check-in post up (and subsequently late getting the media sign-up post up), all deadlines are being pushed out a week for anyone who wants the extra wiggle room.

This is the check-in where you submit your summary for media claiming. If you signed up as a team, I'd still like the summary & accompanying media information just to make sure everyone's covered. It's okay if your summary doesn't match your sign up. Things change during writing, so if there's been a kink or fandom drift, that's perfectly fine! :D

Just copy and paste into a comment:


I'll be posting the accompanying media and beta sign up posts next Sunday, September 25th. Rough drafts are due any time between September 30th and October 7th.

I'm looking forward to all the delicious kinky fun!
Tags:
Monday, September 19th, 2011 06:07 am (UTC)
Yay, check-in post! :D I was wondering when it was going to turn up. /possibly in need of a life.

I has finished my draft! \o/ It's only 12k long; shortest big bang I've ever written. D: It... got hijacked halfway through and went all mindfucky instead. :D? Do you want my rough draft now, since it's finished and all, or should I send it closer to the deadline?

Fandom: The Move RPS/Electric Light Orchestra RPS/Wizzard RPS
Character(s): Jeff Lynne (Shapeshifting/Psychic/Time/Ground), Hugh McDowell (Psychic/Poison), Bev Bevan (Flying/Fighting), Kelly Groucutt (Flying/Dark/Fire), Roy Wood (Psychic/Steel/Electric), Rick Price (Electric/Steel), Carl Wayne (Psychic/Fire/Fighting), a disembodied voice, and a mysterious Dark/Ghost-type shapeshifter who wouldn't tell me his name.
Pairing(s): Jeff Lynne/Hugh McDowell, Carl Wayne/Hugh McDowell, Carl Wayne/Jeff Lynne, implied Roy Wood/Rick Price
Contains: mutant Pokémon-like superpowers, D/s, sex, obedience, restraints, collaring, training, angst, guilt, disembodied voices, shape-shifting, animal transformation, shadow universes, dreams, psychic attacks, violence, mutant battles
Summary: With Birmingham becoming too dangerous, Jeff, Hugh, and the rest of his band, head to London, seeking a better life. They find Carl, who gives them somewhere to stay, and fills them in on just how bad things have become. In between trying to stay alive, and Carl teaching Jeff how to be Hugh's master, there is also a voice calling through the ether, that only Jeff seems to be able to hear, that may be more malevolent than it appears. Jeff can't imagine the effect that voice will have on him, or what it will take to fight his way out of the mess he finds himself in after he's let that voice into his mind. (Sequel to Run With The Wolves.)
Do you need a media match: Yes
Do you need a beta? No
Monday, September 19th, 2011 07:58 am (UTC)
Authors: [personal profile] ambientwhispers and [personal profile] elysium_fic
Word Count: 15,600

Fandom: Dragon Age (Origins AND Dragon Age II)
Character(s)/Pairing(s): m!Warden/m!Hawke
Contains: D/s, biting, marking, orgasm denial, shaming/humiliation, exhibitionism, fighting/wrestling, face-slapping, whipping, face-fucking, fisting, rimming, begging, hair-pulling, breath-play.
Summary: (kinda-sorta AUish) After the peasant revolt in Amaranthine forces the Warden to kill his own subjects, Hawke helps him cope with his remorse.
Do you need a media match: No [personal profile] dragonreine is our artist.
Do you need a beta? Yes

Edited 2011-09-19 07:59 am (UTC)
Monday, September 19th, 2011 08:10 am (UTC)
This was supposed to be Tales of the Abyss, but Dragon Quest 8 ATE me alive, Kushiel's Legacy(mainly Dart) is one hell of an influence, and Marcello is a very strong character, so...


Fandom: Dragon Quest VIII
Character(s)/Pairing(s): Angelo/Hyacinth(hero), Marcello/Hyacinth, Jessica, Yangus, OCs, Cash, and Carrie
Contains: blades(they will be cutting someone quite a bit), fragrance, hurt/comfort, boots, clothes, food, vehicular(a carriage), collars/leash, sensation play, gloves, bondage(wrist), emotion play, alchohol, body parts, scars, tattoos, leather, bodily secretions(blood), held down, dominance/submission
Summary: After the events in Neos, the party assumed that they would never see Marcello again. They were wrong. Right before The Longest Night on the DQ8 world, SOMEONE finds the party gambling in Baccarat and offers them something that would be stupid to refuse.
Do you need a media match: Yes
Do you need a beta? YES!!!1
Edited 2011-09-19 05:24 pm (UTC)
Monday, September 19th, 2011 11:02 am (UTC)
Fandom: Transformers Generation One
Character(s)/Pairing(s): Jazz, Mirage, Bumblebee
Contains: explicit violence, dub and/or non-con, roleplay, dominance, bondage, wax/gun/knife play, hacking, sex toys, electrostim, hurt/comfort, dark
Summary: Special Ops has two creeds - anything can happen at any time, and everyone has their breaking point. Jazz runs a tight ship with his team and 'training exercises' are no-holds-barred tests of their own limits - better to know what will break them in the company of friends than finding out with the enemy.
Do you need a media match: No, [personal profile] white_aster has me covered ^_^
Do you need a beta? No
Monday, September 19th, 2011 12:51 pm (UTC)
My story went completely off the rails and is not going to be finished in time - maybe next year!
Monday, September 19th, 2011 01:01 pm (UTC)
Fandom: Transformers (movieverse)
Character(s)/Pairing(s): Optimus Prime/everyone, specifically Optimus Prime/Megatron, Optimus Prime/Starscream, and passing combinations of Optimus Prime, Jazz, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Ironhide, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Constructicons, Thundercracker, Skywarp, and others. Also Soundwave/Jazz and whatever other pairings strike me as a good idea at the time.
Contains: Religious themes, trance states, sacred orgy, public sex, dominance/submission.
Summary:The Prime's role in Cybertonian culture has changed over the vorns. Used to be, the Prime was solely a religious position, a priest who tended to the spiritual needs of his people. Those needs have not changed, though the Prime's duties have. Watching the two halves of his people drift further and further apart, Optimus asks the Matrix for wisdom. It reminds him that in the midst of war, the traditional rituals of acceptance, unification, connection, and pleasure are needed more, not less. Its suggestion: the rite of Prima's blessing, where the Prime's body itself becomes vessel and conduit of Primus' power, to be shared with his people. ALL of them.
Do you need a media match: Nope, darthneko got me covered!
Do you need a beta? No.

Monday, September 19th, 2011 05:49 pm (UTC)
Fandom: Bandom
Character(s)/Pairing(s): Pete Wentz/Gabe Saporta
Contains: Obedience, fisting, spanking, humiliation, restraints, flogging.
Summary: How Gabe Saporta learned to stop worrying and enjoy being a sadist.
Do you need a media match: No ([personal profile] anoneknewmoose
Do you need a beta? No
Monday, September 19th, 2011 11:42 pm (UTC)
Fandom: Fire Emblem – The Blazing Sword (FE7)

Character(s) / Pairing(s): Fiora, Florina, Heath, Hector, Kent, Louise, Lyn, Pent, Priscilla, Sain, Serra — in a number of different combinations. Contains het, femmeslash, and a bit of slash.

Contains: Polyamory, multiple orgies, light bondage, fun with food, and a touch of dom / sub.

Summary: Fiora, Kent, Lyn, Sain, and Serra have been living together as a family on the plains of Sacae for several years, but they have been keeping touch with their friends, and they receive a letter informing them that there will be a reunion – that is, a long-planned partner-swapping party – in Etruria. (A number of other characters have opted for the same lifestyle.) Kent and Sain stay to mind the children, while Fiora, Lyn, and Serra go to meet up with people they have not seen in ages. What follows is a day and a night of relationships formed, renewed, and reshuffled. Or, to put it more bluntly, what follows is a giant swinging sexfest. (This is [community profile] kinked, after all.)

This story is a sequel to my previous Kinked entry, but it is not at all necessary to have read that story in order to enjoy this one.

Do you need a media match? Yes, unfortunately. It might take a brave soul for all these pile-ups.

Do you need a beta? No. I enlisted one of the mightiest smutters in the world ([personal profile] ladydeathfaerie) to beta this. :-)
Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 03:19 am (UTC)
Unfortunately, I need to drop. I've been fighting with this story for months and it's not creating words. (I promise I am not usually as much of a flake as I'm appearing :/)
Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 03:00 pm (UTC)
Fandom: The Losers (film)
Character(s): Clay, Roque, Pooch, Jensen, Cougar, OCs
Pairing(s): Clay/Roque
Contains: Chastity device, dubcon, rough sex, biting, bruises, pain kink, D/s overtones
Summary: Off the field, Clay is self-destructive in a way he never is on the field. After one of his exes puts a bomb in his car, Roque decides to teach Clay a lesson about self-control. It's fun for Clay at first, but it turns out, Roque is more serious about it than he thought.
Do you need a media match: Yes
Do you need a beta? No
Edited 2011-09-20 03:01 pm (UTC)
Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 09:50 pm (UTC)
Fandom: Merlin

Character(s)/Pairing(s): Arthur/Merlin

Contains: D/s dynamic, kink negotiation, kink discovery (and associated angst), humiliation, anonymous sex, bondage, orgasm denial, flogging (consensual/sensual and, in another scene, for real punishment), public sex, semi-public sex, and an end scene that borders on dub-con (this may or become more or less consensual depending on beta feedback).

Summary: When Merlin is punished for Arthur's wrong doing, Arthur's world view suddenly shifts. Everything starts to fall apart as he realizes he has darker desires than he's ever let himself contemplate. Desires which are unbecoming someone who is destined to rule Camelot. Slowly, with Merlin's help, Arthur comes to realize and ultimately accept his desires. And has a lot of fun while doing it.
Do you need a media match: Yes

Do you need a beta? Yes. (I have one lined up, but I'd really like a second one since my first beta will also be applying to grad school at the same time and while he says he can do it, I don't want to get stuck without a beta if he gets too busy. TL;DR I probably shouldn't be first in line for a beta, but I would love one.)
Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 10:00 pm (UTC)
Fandom: Earthian
Character(s)/Pairing(s): Michael, Raphael, Lucifel (primarily Raphael/Michael, some Lucifel/Michael)
Contains: Soulbonds (forced, one-way), dubcon, noncon, foot worship, incest, imprisonment, bloodplay, masochism, self-harm, manipulation, servant-topping-master, insanity, character death, underage implications (story starts with characters at 16, continues through mid-20s).
Summary: A young aristocrat, Michael, is given a bonded servant as a gift for his 16th birthday; Michael's twin sister, Lucifel, is not at all pleased about the competition for Michael's affection. As time goes by, it becomes less and less clear who is really the master, and who the slave, even as political unrest threatens to rend their bond entirely.
Do you need a media match: Yes
Do you need a beta? Yes
Edited 2011-09-20 10:00 pm (UTC)
Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 12:52 am (UTC)
Fandom: Tales of the Abyss/Fullmetal Alchemist
Character(s)/Pairing(s): Van Grants/Greed
Contains: Eroticized and romanticized violence, gore, snuff and bloodplay, as well as vaguely dickish powerplay.
Summary: Apocalypse-obsessed Commandant meets undying Homunculus. In this not-exactly-romantic dark comedy, these two men will learn the definition of 'lust at first slice'. Homoerotic tension! Bloody explosions! Drama in the form of philosophical ponderings as to true freedom and the divide between purpose and desire and also possibly answers to the question as old as time itself: 'is this a sexy way to go?' (spoilers: yes)

COMING SOON TO A DREAMWIDTH NEAR YOU, NOVEMBER 2011.

this fanfic has not yet been rating. parental discretion is advised. do not try this at home.
Do you need a media match: Yes
Do you need a beta? No, I got a few spare betas of my own lying around. :3
Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 12:50 am (UTC)
I thought I was going to have to drop, but then you gave us the extension and I got some drive back and now I...have something completely unlike what I originally planned for!

Fandom: Naruto
Character(s)/Pairing(s): primarily Kakashi/Sai; also Ibiki/Sai, multiple/Sai, possibly Jiraiya/fem!Sai if I have enough time
Contains: [voluntary, non-stigmatized] prostitution, anonymous sex, gangbang, fantasy sex-shifting/gender play, probably some hints of power play because I can't help it, one painplay/bloodplay scene that goes badly due to inadequate negotiation, internets that Don't Work That Way
Summary: Near-future sci-fi AU -- Sai lost his entire childhood to military service; now that he's been discharged as a young adult, he doesn't know what to do with himself or how to interact with ordinary people. He tries out Genjutsu Online as a way to practice social interaction in a setting with a little more structure than real life, and winds up finding far more than he was looking for.
Do you need a media match: Yes, probably? I didn't sign up with one, but I might be able to strong-arm somebody.
Do you need a beta? no, I'm set there!
Friday, September 23rd, 2011 03:34 pm (UTC)
Fandom: Supernatural
Character(s)/Pairing(s): Sam/Dean, Castiel, Bobby, Balthazar
Contains: angel made them do it, watersports, restraints, gag, collar, leash, spanking, a teeny tiny bit of non-con, crack!fic, angst
Summary: Castiel has it with those mouthy Winchesters, so he decides to (play a prank on them) teach them a lesson. It starts with Dean peeing his pants everytime he is aroused, sexually or otherwise, and it ends with Castiel going missing and the boys looking for him, wet pants and all.
Do you need a media match: Yes.
Do you need a beta? Yes.

I've changed my story halfway through, I hope that is okay; the other one just got so depressing, I decided to write something fun instead, but I still can't believe I actually am writing a whole fic dedicated to watersports. This bb is fun!
Friday, September 23rd, 2011 05:34 pm (UTC)
Unfortunately, I think I need to drop. I still desperately want to write this story, it's just that all my ability to produce words would appear to have temporarily gone pffft.

*bangs head against wall*
Saturday, September 24th, 2011 03:21 am (UTC)
Short question, not sure if you already answered it: do rough drafts have to be complete? Because I'll be over the 10,000 minimum and mostly done, but possibly not complete.

Fandom: Ashes to Ashes
Character(s)/Pairing(s): Alex Drake/Jim Keats
Contains: Explicit dominance/submission lifestyle, explicit sexual content (some of which is of a dubious/non-consensual nature). Also, rough sex, roleplaying, bondage, obedience kink, questionable emotional manipulation, and ageplay.
Summary: Takes place in the same offshoot as [personal profile] petra's Ease my worried mind and [personal profile] thatyourefuse's Make me act real gone, wherein the world is divided into dominants and submissives and Alex Drake's trip to the world of 1981 causes her to question her orientation. This picks up from season three as Jim Keats arrives, and Alex finds herself very much out of her depth.
Do you need a media match: Yes.
Do you need a beta? No.
Tuesday, October 4th, 2011 07:12 pm (UTC)
Can I go ahead and drop out or is it too late? I ask because while words are coming out, they're coming out too slow and a lot of fic questions are coming up that are slowing me down too.

Unless I can post the fic when the FINAL draft is due? I'm not betting on this one though! LOL!
Saturday, October 8th, 2011 09:43 am (UTC)
I may have to drop, after all. For a change I do HAVE a good chunk of words, but I kind of hate most of them and have run into a wall. I haven't really had anyone to bounce ideas off (writing minor characters from an old, obscure fandom, alas), and I can't seem to make the ideas and words work on my own.
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011 09:47 am (UTC)
Are our final drafts still due by the 7th? Also, have accompanying media matches been sent out because I've heard nothing about those either. I'm getting eager to post my fic, and I wanted to check that everything's still going ahead.
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011 12:56 pm (UTC)
I was wondering the same. Hope our mod is okay!
Wednesday, November 9th, 2011 04:40 pm (UTC)
Well, I sent an email yesterday, just to see if things are okay. I haven't heard back yet, but I'm going to wait a few days anyway, just in case. I hope nothing bad's happened. D: